- Download the setup file (lingoes_2.6.3.exe) to your hard disk.
- Double click the "lingoes_2.6.3.exe" to install.
- Follow instructions on screen and click next button step by step until the setup is complete.
Setup Lingoes Translator
1. Cursor Translator (Translate any word under cursor):
On the above screen, you can assign one of the several possible key combinations to activate the cursor translator
- Left Mouse Button: move cursor over targeted word and press hotkey + left mouse button to translate.
- Right Mouse Button: move cursor over targeted word and press hotkey + Right mouse button to translate.
- Middle Mouse Button: move cursor over targeted word and press hotkey + Middle mouse button to translate.
- Time Delay: delayed time to run above action.
- Select the search engine to use for searching the web
- Searched words saved in history
- Run Lingoes when login Windows
- Minimize after startup
- ALT+L: Opens main Lingoes window.
- ALT+P: Pronounce (speak selected text)
- ALT+I: Copies all content in result area.
- ALT+G: Turn cursor translation on/off (toggle).
- ALT+B: Turn clipboard translation on/off (toggle).
Lingoes can instantly pronounce any selected word. Microsoft Text To Speech Engine (TTS 5.1) is required to pronounce text in Lingoes.
- Windows XP has pre-installed TTS Engines 5.1 and Sam voice.
- Microsoft Office has include TTS Engine 5.1
- Volume: adjust volume of voice.
- Pitch: adjust pitch of voice.
- Speed: adjust speed of voice.
- Real-time pronunciation: speak it while the word is caught up by Lingoes.
- Click 'Dictionaries' in the main window (left panel under 'Options'), to activate the dictionaries manager.
- Lingoes Dictionaries Manager includes three parts:
- Installed Dictionaries: input words and press Enter to look it up.
- Index Group: input words to look previous and next entry in one dictionary.
- Cursor Translator Group: for mini window of cursor translator.
- Download more dictionaries from the Add Dictionaries page:
After the download is complete, double-click the dictionary file (.ldf) to install it into Lingoes Translator.
- First, find
- Type words in the search bar and press Enter key:
- You may click related dictionary on the left side of Lingoes to browse the definition.
- To get more result for the word, you can still type the words in searching engine on right side of Lingoes and press Enter key, a new internet browser will open and you can get related searching result (works when connected to internet).
- Press button "Translation" on the tool bar:
- Input original in blank textbox, then choose translate engine and original language and target language, click button "Translate".
- The result mustn't be exact without any mistake. You can change other engines to get more results and compare their translation.
- Input word, and press Enter.
- Click or press hotkey after selecting text you need listen.
- Then you can hear pronunciation of the text.
Lingoes allows you to copy, print, save the search results:
- First, select the word, idiom or sentense you need.
- Then you can see the icons on the toolbar:
- : Copy
- : Save
- : Print
- Click button Print to print content of word in the result.
- Global Currency Converter
- Full-Featured Unit Converter (Weight, Length, Area, Energy, Power etc) for example, convert Miles to Kilometers with just one click!
- International Dialing Codes
- International Time Zone Converter
- Interactive Periodic Table of Elements (for Chemistry)
- Full-Featured Scientific Calculator